Kevin lists other values that AR can bring including:
- Share Value
- Product and Service Creation
- Market Awareness and perception
- Order to Cash
- Service and Support
His recommendations are:
- Clarify which corporate business goals you'll support
- Align all elements of your AR program with the chosen business goals
- Be realistic about what you can really acheive
My take on this is that all of the above is true-- in a different economic environment; however, many companies are in survival mode now, or worse, and are cutting marketing and AR functions and focusing only on sales and the short term. Although this is not a recommended strategy--that is the reality of the situation right now and AR has to pay attention to the shift.
In light of this, I believe that AR must focus on Sales for at least one of their goals--no matter how difficult it is to execute--it can be done. In addition, the other goals mentioned are very difficult to quantify and if you can assist in shortenting the sales process-that will be noticed and is quantifiable. What do you think? I will discuss how AR can affect sales in the next post. Comments welcome.